Businesses that derive value from data have always had an edge over the competition and continue to do so even today. In order to leverage the value of data and be able to offer connected customer experiences, companies have started embracing digital transformation by adopting new technologies and opening doors to new integrations and acquisitions. The kind of integrations that enable users to connect faster and streamline transactions with their customers, thus improving the ease of doing business, is the kind that you need! To that end, the Zeta Marketing Platform has introduced the Facebook connector for prospect audiences.
The ZMP Omnichannel Acquisition Connector unlocks a quick and easy way to syndicate acquisition segments (Prospect Segments, Matched Lists, Lookalikes, and Prospect Lists) to Zeta’s acquisition activation systems, including partners such as Google Ads, Facebook, and more. This document will focus on how to set up the connector and syndicate data from the ZMP to your client’s Facebook account.
Setting Up the Connector
If your account already has Facebook set up through CRM Features, you can skip this section.
To set up the feature for your account, you will need to authenticate your Facebook ad account. This means you only need one set of credentials to connect any account you wish; however, you can only connect one Facebook account per ZMP instance.
You will need only one set of credentials to connect any account you want to. If you do not have any Facebook account credentials, reach out to the Solutions team and they’ll authenticate it for you.
1. In your ZMP instance, navigate to Settings > Integrations.
2. Find Facebook and click on Connect to trigger a pop-up window allowing you to sign in to your Facebook account.
3. Once you have input your credentials, select the account that you want to set up a connection within the ZMP. You will also be able to customize the permissions you allow Zeta to perform on the selected Facebook account.
4. If you enable leads retrieval, you’ll also be able to select the Page(s) to connect with Zeta.
5. Once authenticated, select the correct Facebook ad account. This account will be the source for your available audiences.
6. To confirm your successful integration, the CTA button for Facebook on the Integrations page will switch to View Details with a green checkbox to confirm you’re connected.
7. Clicking on the View Details button will take you to the Facebook integration subpage, where you can see the associated pages below your ad account. Additionally, there is a Connected sign against the Facebook section that confirms your integration status.
Using the Connector
Create an Audience
The Facebook Connector supports 4 types of prospect audiences:
1. To create a prospect audience, navigate to Segments & Lists and click on Explore Audience to open the Unified Audience Explorer.
2. Select an audience type under Zeta Prospects.
3. Build your audience as you normally would.
In order to export an audience later, you can’t layer on demographic attributes in the Audience Explorer. Talk to your account manager for more info on what can and cannot be exported out of Zeta.
Export an Audience
The process for exporting an audience to a partner destination is standardized across all connectors i.e., Google Ads, Facebook, and any other DSP we add in the future.
1. From Segments & Lists, locate the row of the Prospect audience you wish to export. Click on the three dots on the extreme right and select Export.
2. Within the Connect Audience panel that appears on the right, select Facebook from the list of Available Connectors and click on Next.
3. From the list that appears, select the desired Facebook Audience you want to export your audience to, and click on Next.
4. Click on Connect to save the export. Turn the Automate Connection toggle on to schedule your export.
For refreshable audiences like Prospect Segments, you can choose to export the audience one time or on a recurring basis. You cannot schedule a recurring export for Prospect List, Matched List, or Lookalike because you cannot modify existing items.
Processing audiences can take up to 48 hours depending on its size. There are 2 phases to the connector — uploading from the ZMP and downloading to Facebook. You can check the status on either side of the connector on each platform.
1. Click on Data on the left-hand navigation to open the Files page.
2. Under the Exports tab, locate your file and check its status.
3. Click on the particular row to reveal the data about the connector task, such as timestamps for exporting and processing. If successful, the Processed at timestamp should match with what’s shown in Facebook.
What it Means
Connector in progress
This status represents the period during which the export is in progress
This status represents the successful completion of the export
This status represents the unsuccessful completion of the export
1. Log in to Facebook Business and navigate to the correct sub-account for your client.
2. Navigate to All Tools > Audiences to open the audiences section of Ad Manager.
3. Search for the custom audience you either created or added from the ZMP.