While large amounts of cross-platform transfers of data are happening across the globe, moving data from one system to another can be inefficient, costly, and most of all, unsafe. To that end, FTP servers have emerged to be the key in reliably exchanging files and electronic data between systems and parties in a secure way. While most companies do not allow the users to access their FTP servers and handle these system connections, Zeta aims at providing you the full rights for the full portability of your data.
The Zeta Marketing Platform has its very own SFTP Site Manager. This allows you to save and manage all of your partner SFTP/FTP details in one place, making data transfer across these servers a cakewalk.
You can now create connections in the ZMP, which you can further use to send data to ZMP or get data from ZMP.
You can self-manage your connections such as FTP, FTPS, SFTP, Amazon S3 buckets, Google buckets, and more.
Besides creating, you can edit and delete connections from one location. You can thereby utilize these connections from various places in the ZMP.
Let’s have a look at how:
Creating and Using Connections
1. Navigate to platform Settings > Connections. Click on New Connection.
2. Fill in all the details and click on Save.
Note: If you do not want to share the entire directory, you can enter a subset of the directory
3. As the connection is being tested in the backend,
If the test comes out positive, the connection will be established with an Active status and the data transfer between ZMP and the connection will be possible
If an issue arises during the testing, the following popup will appear:
If you click on Save Anyway, the connection will keep showing the Testing status and won’t allow sending to and bringing in data from this connection.
4. The new connections should be available to be used as:
Sources and Destinations under Data Conductor - SFTP, S3, Google Buckets
Segments and Lists exports - SFTP
When importing data, you are using systems that just output files to a standard folder. The source of data for an ETL feed often requires reaching out to this location. Ideally, we can maintain multiple locations.
1. From the menu on the left, navigate to Data > Data Conductor. Click on New Data Flow.
2. Click on the icon and click on Amazon S3 buckets source. (You can choose other sources as well: External SFTP, Google Buckets, and more)
3. Once you have added the source, click on the icon to add a destination or perform actions to the source data.
4. Click on Save.
When exporting data, you need that data to be pushed to a specific folder or different external FTP locations.
1. From the menu on the left, navigate to Audiences > Segments & Lists.
2. Locate the row with the segment or list you want to export. Click on the three dots on the right > Export.
3. Click on the SFTP radio button and select an FTP site from the dropdown.
4. Click on Export People.