Video enables targeting based on the Video Ad placement opportunities and characteristics.
Video targeting includes a size restriction. This size restriction also applies to other types of Ads. Thus, if you are running a campaign that includes both Video and non-Video Ads, and you want to apply Video targeting, you should create a separate line-item for the Video Ads and apply targeting only to this line-item (or one or more of its tactics).
If you instead apply Video restrictions at the campaign level for such a combined campaign, you risk reducing the campaign's supply of non-Video Ad placement opportunities.
1. Within the Targeting tab of the Campaign Builder, the Targeting grid appears. Click on the sign against each row or object to add in its targeting rules.
2. Select Video.
3. To enable targeting of the selected playback settings, click on Include. To target everything except the chosen playback settings, select Exclude.
4. Select the Video Playback settings:
Auto Play with Sound ON
Environments where the Video player runs automatically and with audio on.
Auto Play with Sound OFF
Environments where the Video player runs automatically, but with no audio.
Click to Play
Environments where the user must click to initiate the Video.
Environments were simply moving the mouse over a Video initiates playback.
In some situations the Ad exchange does not provide the playback characteristics of an opportunity; to include these situations, check this box.
5. Navigate down to the Video Player Size Range section towards the bottom of the screen to target or exclude Videos of a specified size range.
6. Input the desired min and max video player size range dimensions:
In the corresponding boxes enter widths of the minimum and maximum pixel sizes in which your Video Ads may play.
In the corresponding boxes enter heights of the minimum and maximum pixel sizes in which your Video Ads may play.
When specifying any Video targeting, be sure to enter at least minimum pixel sizes. If the size range is unimportant to you, enter 1 for Min Width and Min Height.
7. Click on Save & Close when complete.