Organization targeting can be used in many ways. A frequent one is to anti-target the advertiser's own site(s). Use Organizational targeting to target or exclude organizations by name rather than web address (as with Sites Targeting). These can include companies, governmental organizations, and others.
Suppose you are a University trying to increase admission applications. Many visitors to your site are interested in the university, but probably they are already in attendance there, or even if not, the site already features its own Ads. It's not necessary to feature additional Ads as well.
Use Organizations targeting with care.
1. Within the Targeting tab of the Campaign Builder, the Targeting grid appears. Click on the sign against each row or object to add in its targeting rules.
2. Scroll down and select Organizations.
3. Begin typing the name of an Organization in the search box to show available results. Choose whether to Include or Exclude these Organizations from the campaign.
4. Select the desired Organization(s) to add them to the column on the right.
Included Organizations will be highlighted in blue, whereas Excluded Organizations will be highlighted in red.
5. Click on Save & Close when complete.