Adding a New Audience
Creating an Audience is one of the most important steps of using the platform. Create audiences by adding or excluding various attributes to the audience. You can comprise audiences of first- and third-party attributes.
Creating a New Audience
Navigate to the DSP logo in the upper left corner. The DSP shows a menu for Advertisers and Admin.
2. Select the Account that contains your Advertiser, and then select your Advertiser. The DSP shows all the advertiser's campaigns.
3. Click on Audiences > Audiences.
4. Click + Audience in the top right corner.
5. A screen like the following appears. Enter a name for the audience. (For example, Domestic Budget Car Buyers.)
6. The Attributes tab is open by default. Navigate the category column to view available attributes. Click the caret (>) next to each attribute category to display attributes.
The platform displays each attribute's name, provider, CPM, estimated unique audience size, links to view usage or 30-day uniques.
7. Include or exclude an attribute from your audience. Selecting attributes from multiple categories tells the platform to add only the audience members with both attributes (using an AND operator). In the example below, I've created an audience of users with a budget of $20-$29k and interest in a compact car.
Include attributes: Click the checkbox next to any attribute to add it to your audience. Audiences within each attribute category are added together (using an OR operator).
Exclude attributes: Click the red exclude box on the left, and then select attributes. The selected attributes highlight red. The Total row of the Exclude box shows the total estimated unique audience that matches your selections.
8. Click Save in the lower-left corner to save your attribute. It will be available for all users with access to the advertiser.
Included attributes are added to your audience using an OR operator. In the example below, I've created an audience of users looking for compact cars with a budget of $20-$39k. The selections within the Budget & Vehicle Age category are considered OR operators.
Click +Add Inclusion Criteria below the Include box to add more criteria. In the example below, I've added a Credit Worthiness criterion. This helps narrow down the audience and organize my attributes for future use.
View and Edit Audience Details
Click an Audience Name to view the audience details window.
2. Click Edit. The window expands to allow you to edit the audience.
View Included Attributes
The Attributes tab of the Audience window appears by default, all included and excluded categories, as well as the total Data CPM and Estimated Internet Uniques, are shown.
View Audience Reach
Click the Reach tab in the Audiences window to view the reach of this audience across different environments and partners.
View Audience Usage
Click the Usage tab of the Audience Details window to see other audience groups and rulesets that reference this audience.
View Audience Overlap
Click the Overlap tab of the Audience Details window to view the percentage of users that have each given attribute that overlap with each other.