URL Keyword targeting lets you target or exclude particular sites that may display your ads.
The functionality is similar to Site targeting, but here you do not need to specify a particular domain, but simply the keywords you wish to target or avoid.
Sometimes campaigns use this feature to help avoid certain pages. For example, a campaign in the transportation industry might use this to avoid pages having the keyword "accident".
If you have this kind of concern you should also see Traffic Quality Targeting.
A more common use is to anti-target pages that already feature ads for your product
Suppose you were an automobile maker promoting your new car "The Satellite".
You might want to avoid placing ads on car dealer sites that already advertise this vehicle on the pages that probably have "satellite" in their URLs.
Note: This would also restrict the AI from placing the campaign's Ads on other types of pages where they might be successful, e.g. space satellites.
Select URL Keyword from the Pre-Bid Targeting pop-up in the DSP.
2. Choose to target URL Keywords based on the following:
1. Include: Target only the URL Keywords below
2. Exclude: Target everything except the URL Keywords below
3. Type or paste URL Keywords into the box below. URL Keywords can be separated by commas, new lines, or both. You can also drop a CSV file directly into the box.
4. Click to move URL Keywords to the Selected column for appropriate targeting.
5. Click Save & Close when complete.
What is the minimum number of Keywords that can be targeted?
1 Keyword string (not recommended)
What is the maximum number of Keywords that can be targeted?
50,000 Keyword strings (Meaning you can add 50,000 lines of Keywords into the UI to Target)
What parts of a website does Keyword targeting look at?
Keyword targeting looks only at site URLs, no page content
How are Keywords matched?
Keyword strings are matched literally
For example, if you want to exclude all URLs with some variation of "dog house" in them, you will have to exclude all of the following keyword strings: