URL Keyword targeting lets you target or exclude particular sites that may display your ads. It is similar to Sites targeting, but here you do not need to specify a particular domain, but simply the keywords you wish to target or avoid.
Sometimes campaigns use this feature to help avoid certain pages. For example, a campaign in the transportation industry might use this to avoid pages having the keyword "accident".
If you have this kind of concern you should also see Traffic Quality Targeting.
A more common use is to anti-target pages that already feature ads for your product. Suppose you were an automobile maker promoting your new car "The Satellite".
You might want to avoid placing ads on car dealer sites that already advertise this vehicle on the pages that probably have "satellite" in their URLs. (But note that this would also restrict the AI from placing the campaign's Ads on other types of pages where they might be successful, e.g. space satellites.)
Select URL Keyword from the Pre-Bid Targeting pop-up in the DSP.
2. Choose to target URL Keywords based on the following:
1. Include: Target only the URL Keywords below
2. Exclude: Target everything except the URL Keywords below
3. Type or paste URL Keywords into the box below. URL Keywords can be separated by commas, new lines, or both. You can also drop a CSV file directly into the box.
4. Click to move URL Keywords to the Selected column for appropriate targeting.
5. Click Save & Close when complete.